Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Xmas loot

Well now the day has been and gone - its time to take stock of the stash - and its been a good one.

First up was my Secret Santa gIft - various 28mm Perry Sudan and Victorias little wars stuff - which will go to making some great vignette pieces - good choice S/S

A bit of reading material
new files , milliput , varnish and brush cleaner

new desk top tools for fiddly soldering jobs

a dremel work station which allows it hang free if need be and add it in to make a drill/router  set


some game mat carrying cases from Deep Cut for two of my existing mats plus a new one

and new 6x4 desert mat , made from neoprene 

So all in all a good stock up -

Hope you all had a good time!

11 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the day Dave. Good haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pressies Dave. Love the drill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drill press is rather fine! I know I'd use my Dremel a lot more with a piece of kit like that to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of nice new stuff 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you‘ve been a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice SS bits, Dave. And that mat looks really impressive - very 3-d looking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Dave! What are your thoughts on that neoprene mat? Is it from Deep Cut as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Curt. Yes it is a deepcut one . Very nice it is too. Very impressed with it

      Delete