Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 21 March 2015

Sudan - Ambulances, baggage, and Mahdist Cavalry

The latest additions to the Sudan forces. I recently placed an order with Castaway Arts in Australia for their Ambulance And baggage camels and mules.I must say service from them was top notch , good communications all the way through , very reasonable postage rates and they arrived in just over a week - I will be back for more.



I had in stock a couple of camels for the Camel Corps - walking and laid down, so I have done these too as the last major unit to complete for the collection is now on order.

I also completed another 8 Perry Baggara cavalry to add to the 12 I did last year. I took the opportunity to change the bading to a looser more irregular style.




These finish off my last entries in the Painting Challenge - I seem to have finished top ! It has been a busy few months.

10 comments:

  1. Very well Dave, on both the quality of all your painting and on your overall position in the Challenge. Very well deserved, and I'm absolutely green with envy as to the Sudan forces you now own. Those camels look rather nice too, especially with your excellent paintjob, so I can see why you'll be wanting more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have the time to start reading blogs again and I really have enjoyed your submissions during the challenge, now back to normal, well for the next eight months

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some achievement with the Sudan project. The Painting Challenge has generated a magnificent effort from many gamers so to come out on top this year must be a credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Dave. These are particularly lovely sculpts from Gerry Webb at Castaway Arts. Well brought up "life".

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished top because you are a painting machine and a very talented one at that. Can't wait to see the Sudan collection in action. I fancy that would make a wonderful article for a certain mag...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, working on terrain stuff to get a game in next. I will do paint a large mob article No problem

      Delete
  6. Love the camels, simply gorgeous...always fantastic on our tables...

    ReplyDelete
  7. More wonderful painting work! They are great, with a fantastic quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can I say that hasn't already been said many times over by everyone else? Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool blog mate, link added

    ReplyDelete