Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

A new man cave..question for you

With the freeing up of a room in the house it is time to explore a new man cave. The old one is just too small, being in essence the 4th bedroom "box room" type.. I work in there most of the day doing the "day job" as I work from home and it doubles as my paint workshop and reference storage.

 The existing study/paint shop/library.

So I have a decent step up in size to room that is 2.4m x 2.4m - good light as well. It's had a lick of paint over the weekend - new light fitting . I also came across a nice desk and chair combo in "Staples" which was marked down by 60% - so went for that. So here we have the start of the "New Man Cave". A blank canvas. Oh and I still get the old room too.


So here is the question - what would be your essentials for your "Man Cave" - or indeed "Woman Cave" or "Hobby Cave"to keep Tamsin ,Sofie and Anne on side!

Next up in no particular order.
Large cutting mat.
Tool draw storage
Bespoke paint rack storage
Lead mountain storage
Shelving 
Figure display cabinet possibly
Audio Visual equipment
A temporary gaming table solution
Pictures - I feel a western theme coming on..
Photo backdrop.

So over to you...


And in preparation for Blog-Con this week - the toys are all packaged ready


And Ian and Lee's 6mm reinforcements



See you at the weekend if you are at Blog-Con


No comments:

Post a Comment